The Canadian Training Division is based out of Esterhazy and Saskatoon, Saskatchewan and is led by Shirley Berthelet. For more information about our leadership click here.
200 Hour International Yoga Teacher Training
Our 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Program is designed for those who want to deepen their yoga knowledge and practice, strengthen and deepen their spiritual connection, and equip teachers interested in teaching Inspirational or Christ-Centered yoga classes.
This program is perfect for:
- Students wishing to dive deeper into their Yoga and spiritual practice
- New teachers wanting to teach Christ-Centered yoga classes may acquire a Christ-Centered Yoga Teacher (CCYT) designation
- New teachers wanting to teach Inspirational yoga classes may acquire a Certified Yoga Teacher (CYT) designation
- Existing 200 Hour teachers may add the CCYT designation (at a reduced rate)
- Existing 200 Hour Christ-Centered Yoga Teachers who acquired their training from other schools may go through our training to obtain an RYT 200 through the Yoga Alliance (at a reduced rate)
Fitness Yoga Instructor (FYI) Certification - Nest Training Starts in February 2018!
To equip students to teach foundational yoga from a fitness perspective, and to teach with confidence to the athletic community through the use of applied anatomy. The FYI (Fitness Yoga Instructor) certification has been approved as a fitness yoga designation by SPRA (Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association).
The FYI training program consists of three modules of training consisting of 18 hours in person/module and approximately 5-6 hours of home study. **No pre-requisite is required for Module 1; upon completion of all 3 modules as well as a presentation of a Level 1 class for evaluation, the FYI certificate will be received.
- Module 1 – Laying the Foundation
- Module 2 – Expanding the Base
- Module 3 – Yoga for Athletes
Location: Anytime Fitness Gym – Esterhazy, Saskatchewan
Cost of Training: $350.00/module CAN
- Training manual and resource books provided
- Travel, housing, and meals are the responsibility of the participant
To Apply for FYI Training:
- Submit Application Form via email to Shirley Berthelet
- Complete a phone or in-person interview
- Payment of first module due at least one week prior to start
To contact the Canadian Training Division directly, call 866-811-6137 Ext 905
FYI Training Class #1, December 2016
It was no coincidence that I completed the Fitness Yoga Instructor Training in Esterhazy. All I can say is that it was like going home…Shirley and Leanne were amazing in facilitating a wonderful learning environment. Their strength is in their ability to teach yoga philosophy, anatomy and deconstruction of the poses in a fun and relaxed manner. There was a lot of time spent practicing yoga poses and sequencing classes. They balanced a level of professionalism with ease and interjected humor, when appropriate. The group dynamic was very supportive and I believe that everyone felt as though we were part of something very special. I would highly recommend this Yoga Teacher Training. Do not let fear keep you from experiencing something so wonderful! Take this next step in your life toward sharing your Light with others…Leanne and Shirley are there to guide you on this life changing journey! ~Michelle H.